On Sat, 11 Apr 2020, Alexander Case wrote:

As a possible alternative, I've been using OBS Studio for webcam
recording, in addition to streaming and recording some games, and it's
worked pretty well for me in that role, and that's available for Linux.

Alexander,

I installed it and looked at the introductory video for the Master Class.
Looks really good.

I need to better understand which software is better for recording from the
camera and which is better for displaying what's on the screen here. I don't
know that I'll do any streaming.

Since I'm new to all this I need to learn terminology, software, file
formats, and what I don't know that I need to know (Rumfield's
unknown-unknowns).

All suggestions and pointers to resources is very welcome.

Thanks,