Folks,
I have a HP Compaq 6300 I am using as a DVR terminal to my DVR which is
elsewhere on the property. The 6300 just displays the critical camera
screens.

My issue is that I am trying to figure out how to use the camera on the
machine
to detect ambient light and adjust screen brightness. I see a lot about Win
10
doing so bidden or not. But do not see much about this in Linux. The issue
is
the screen is so bright at night that it bothers my wife. But we do not
want to
turn it off because if we hear something outside the first thing we do is
look at
the screen to see what the cameras are seeing. Since the machine is mounted
on the wall for viewing there is no keyboard on it and even if there was
wife
probably would not try to adjust it.

Any ideas on how to use the on board camera to adjust screen brightness?
--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.