I think K3B is more likely to work with Blu-ray than Brasero is.  Most
people agree that K3B is the best burning software for GNU/Linux.  Like
King Beowulf said, you may have to also install additional programs like
cdrtools and growisof.  You should be able to install K3B without
installing the rest of KDE 4 or KDE Plasma.
The version of K3B that comes with Kubuntu 18.03 mentions that it supports
Blu-ray.