John, good to know about the 50GB Blu-ray disc problem.  I've only used
25GB ones.  Another option would be Nero.  I'm very impressed with Nero
burning software, the biggest problem being that it's closed source & only
available for Windows.  Maybe Nero runs on WINE?  Too bad Nero Linux was
discontinued.  I used it & it was also reliable.