> B550GTA

> Ethernet
> on the

> network

> I have
> setup

Update. I got a USB-Ethernet adapter and am at least connected for now. I
really want to  use the onboard NIC if possible. I was able to install
pciutils so I can see things.  lspci shows:
06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE
Controller (rev 04)

so at least it is being seen. I find no reference to it in dmesg, but I am
not a dmesg guru, so I don't know if it should show up there.