Good questions:
1) No. This is typically distro specific and only applies to end-user "desktop"
distributions. If such a document does exist I would check with projects like
Linux Mint. Debian is unlikely to have what you are looking for.

2) Yes and no.. theyve been moving stuff around and in many ways windows10
resembles your average linux desktop. While the terminology still exists it
does not match what you might expect from xp or 7 so I dont recommend relying
on it.

Whatever you do dont give them gnome or ubuntu. Things won't end well :(
-Ben

Sent from ProtonMail mobile