Similar to Dick's slowness issue, today in the middle of writing a document
using LyX when I try to insert a graphic figure top shows lyx hogging 100% of
all 8 cores in the CPU; after a couple of minutes I kill the application.

Similarly, when I tried to upload a 3.7M file to fileconvoy.com using both
firefox and chromium each browser grabbed 100% of the CPU cores and wouldn't
complete the directory change to where the file is located.

I've since used ghostscript to compress the 3.7M figure to 890K. Doesn't
seem to make a difference.

Where do I start looking for this new issue?

TIA,