Amen! (Praise Bob)

My first Slackware system required a bunch of floppy disks, maybe 1996?. Business partners and myself at the time thought Debian was a better choice and we never did any projects with that Slackware.

Later on and working as a sole proprietor, I needed pretty firm real-time performance and decided to try RTLinux developed at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. The RTLinux patches at the time required a standard kernel as released by the kernel developers which was what Slackware shipped with. So I went back to Slackware and stayed there even after the standard kernels evolved to having a option to recompile to decent real-time performance.

I am retired now, but last year a customer from 2011 wanted to update one of my systems. It is a distributed processing system doing some optimization on logs that are up to 70 Ft. in length with some machine control. The system originally utilized 6 ea. 6 core Athlons running 32 bit Slackware. I moved the system to Slackware64 current (current in May 2021) running on a SuperMicro SuperServer with 2 ea 12 core Xeon processors. Man what a machine!

I am old now and I guess that was my swan song. I made a living for years using Slackware and was able to save enough to retire comfortably.

Wayne