On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Russell Senior wrote:

You didn't actually show any of the steps. My first suggestion is to use
your favorite web search service to inquire how to remove an mdadm  RAID1
array with a query like: "remove mdadm array".

Russell,

I followed all the steps from
<https://www.geekpills.com/operating-system/linux/remove-raid-linux> and
while /dev/md0 was gone both /dev/sde1 and /dev/sdf1 were shown by lsblk to
be part of the array.

Turning off the MediaSonic Probox and letting it rest before turning it back
on cleared the raid1 but pushed all disk letters in there further down the
alphabet.

Think I'll reboot and see if they return to sda through sdf.

Thanks,