I have my desktop computer and my new laptop set up to boot Xubuntu
without requiring a login. That part works perfectly, but the instant I
try to do anything I get a popup:

        Authentications required
        The login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into
        your computer
        Password: [                                     ]

What's the point of booting without logging in if I have to log in to
do anything? Not only that, if I enter my password to satisfy the login
keyring (whatever that is), the next time I try to launch an
application I have to login again ... and again ... and again.

On my main computer I set it up to require a login, but the desktop and
the new laptop don't have anything sensitive on them and they never
leave the house.

Is there any way to get rid of the stupid keyring requirements?