On Fri, 25 Feb 2022, Ben Koenig wrote:

For the ntpd issue you might want to check and see if you are getting an
iP address. The error message you posted on LQ almost looks like the
network isn't coming up in time which is not unusual when you select the
rc.inet1 scripts to configure your network. I know for a fact that if you
use rc.inet1 it will block until an IP address is assigned.

Ben,

Great catch, Willy Mays! I had the Ethernet cable disconnected. Just put it
back and ntpd found a new interface and is waking up the resolver. Ergo, I
need to check /etc/resolv.conf.

Also worth considering the possibility of hardware issues since you didn't
have any issues with 15.0 on a different machine. Intermittent keyboard
failure can result in the password failing even when typed correctly. I'm
currently dealing with a spacebar that likes to register twice when
pressed once :(

Interesting. I'll see if that's an issue.

Regards,