On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 15:06:31 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>A new Probox support USB-3.0 or 3.1 speeds. I'll order a new one if
>the old one has failed.

I have a Mediasonic box that I formerly connected with its USB 3.0 port
with a 3.0 cable (everything blue). One day it started disconnecting on
me randomly, and eventually wouldn't connect at all. Next to its USB
3.0 port it had an eSATA port, so I bought an eSATA cable and used it
to connect the box to an eSATA port on my laptop. But then I got a new
laptop that lacked ] an eSATA port, so I contacted Mediasonic and for
about $20 they sold me a new card with both connectors on it, which I
used to replace the original card in the box. The card was just about
6cm square and replacing it was trivial.

I mention this experience just so you know that I had a good experience
with Mediasonic replacement parts.

I still have the original card, now with a dead USB port and a working
eSATA port. I saved it just 'cause I'm a clutter-butt.