------- Original Message -------
On Friday, December 2nd, 2022 at 2:27 PM, Rich Shepard
<rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022, Ben Koenig wrote:
>
> > bash-5.1$ locate texindy
> > /usr/bin/texindy
> > /usr/man/man1/texindy.1.gz
> > /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/xindy/texindy.pl
> > /usr/share/texmf-dist/xindy/modules/base/texindy.xdy
>
> > /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/xindy/texindy.pl seems to be exactly the
> > same as the ony in /usr/bin/.
>

> Ben,
>
> I moved texindy.pl from /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/ to
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/xindy/. Yet when I create the link to the new
> directory it's broken (red text on black background):
> # ll texindy
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Dec 2 14:22 texindy ->
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/texindy.pl
>

> Here I have:
> # locate texindy
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/xindy/texindy.pl
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/arara/rules/texindy.yaml
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/xindy/modules/base/texindy.xdy
> /usr/bin/texindy
> /usr/man/man1/texindy.1.gz
>
> Rich

Well now it just looks like your tex install is broken since you have files I
don't have, and files in places that don't match mine. If you haven't
customized your install, can you just reinstall via slackpkg? Maybe clean up
the folder structure to remove any loose .pl files?

Again only if those files are not actually needed. All I know is it doesn't
match the stock layout. :(
-Ben