That's probably fine. My rule of thumb is to not PLUG higher end hubs into
lower end ports. e.g. a bunch of USB 3.0 devices in a hub that connects to a
USB 2.0 host.

But it sounds like your board has some of the fancier new ports. I bet it's
listed as a single port because newer USB speeds can do a multi-lane thing for
higher speeds. I bet both connects are tied together so if you leave one empty
you might actually get the full 10Gbps. But using both simultaneously will
probably throttle each to 5Gbps.

So it should be fine. You aren't doing any serious data transfers or AR/VR so
it should handle things. Test and verify the hub when you get it since they can
be wonky. Especially the bigger hubs, 10 external ports is the pinnacle of
hedonism.
-Ben