------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, May 10th, 2023 at 2:47 PM, Michael Barnes <barnmich...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a local network using an Ubiquiti Bullet M2 feeding a Netgear router
> that serves my various devices. The Bullet serves as an access point and
> pulls from an available wifi source.
> I got a hotspot from Verizon for internet access. When I log into the
> Bullet to select a source, the hotspot shows up on the list, but is not
> selectable. It has good signal strength, just not the little circle that
> allows me to select it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

This is a pretty straightforward problem. If 80-90% of the discussion here goes
over your head that's fine because 80-90% of the discussion isn't particularly
focused on the task at hand.

There's not a lot of wifi-oriented documentation for the Bullet M2 which makes
me wonder if this is a wifi compatibility issue. From what I can gather it's
802.11n which is a few generations back. It's very possible that you are
encountering a compatibility issue between the 2 devices but without more
details regarding the encryption method and wifi standard your verizon hotspot
is using it's hard to tell what exactly is causing the issue. If you still want
to try and troubleshoot then the following info would be very helpful:

- make/model of the verizon hotspot
- wifi version being broadcast. Is it N, AC, AX?
- encryption method. WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA3, or something else?

Not to insult the experience of any of the IT people here.... but there's a
HUGE difference between setting up a wifi network according to a current
published standard, and documenting compatibility issues in a QA environment
for IOT devices during the entire product development cycle. There are known
compatibility issues and known workarounds for those issues when they occur...
so check the model/version against known quirks before running off on network
topology tangents. This is probably just some stupid WPA2/3 glitch.

That and the M2 bullet is designed specifically to chain between routers in the
way he described. The Friendly Manual shows the exact topology he is going for.
https://dl.ui.com/qsg/BulletM2-HP/BulletM2-HP_EN.html

-Ben