Unfortunately, Jon has had to cancel at the last minute. We're working on an alternate speaker - if you'd be willing to speak, please let me know! :)

On 8/8/2017 9:40 AM, Steve Meyers wrote:
Date: Tuesday, August 15th
Time: 7:00pm
Location: UVU Business Resource Center

Speaker: Jon Jarvis

The War on Privacy is ongoing and it is escalating. Invasions into your privacy
have become sneakier, highly automated, difficult to avoid and increasingly
convoluted to opt-out from. Content platforms and advertising networks are
actively seeking and developing new technologies to collect and correlate the
physical identities, movement, characteristics, and Internet activity of
consumers.

Skip this talk if you're already familiar with and prepared to defend against:-
Instant facial recognition and correlation at scale- Geo-fenced content
delivery- Retailer and municipal WiFi tracking- Unblockable browser
fingerprinting- Cross-device ultrasound beaconing- Inescapable data brokers

Data poisoning and obfuscation may be our only chance for survival. Come with
me - what I will show you is only the shore on a continent of horror.

Just go in the front doors, and follow the signs. We're usually in a conference
in the back of the main floor.

http://plug.org/uvu has directions and a map

/*
Don't fear the penguin.