On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 08:03:51 -0600
Michael Torrie <torr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect mains-referenced digital clocks are more common than I
> thought, even in new appliances.  I haven't noticed my oven or
> microwave losing significant time over a couple of years, which a
> cheap quartz solution would, so maybe they are mains referenced.
> Makes sense, especially since apparently people really noticed the
> lag in Europe.

If you think they are problematic now, wait until they all connect to
the Internet to use NTP (among other reasons) and have the typical IOT
security. Won't that be fun!

--

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has
destroyed itself within. The essential causes of Rome's decline lay in

-- Will and Ariel Durant, III The Story of Civilization (1944) epilogue