OK, it's the same slimserver.log, as it does have the streaming and
launching bits.

But it didn't produce the error message as "mplayer not found on path"
that the code fragment was supposed to find. Instead it produced (which
is every bit as useful) "line 57: mplayer: command not found".

Of course this means that the early fragment hasn't produced the rror
message, and the message we get comes later.

Yes, Mac OS has a 'which' command

which mplayer

gives the answer

no mplayer in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin

I don't know what's going on with the mplayer.sh that was part of your
message. When I downloaded it, the result came up as a bunch of
non-readable characters, whereas the standard myplayer.sh is just plain
text.

I can't even show you what it looks like, as when I copy a few lines
into this message and then preview the post, most of the symbols just
disappear, but there are a whole host of symbols, accented letters, and
the like

--
danco