Update:
I have been using Squeeze Control with my Xbox One to control my
Squeezebox Touch for a few months now.
I am very happy that this UWP app is available and it is working fine
for me.

The only 'issue' I have is that sometimes the app simply does not
connect with the Squeezebox environment.
Not clear what is the cause..XB1 has no log files in any way I know.
This looks similar as discussed here above, for me an app terminate and
restarting it on the Xbox One solves the issue and it connects...

Again, very pleased with the app ;-)

Squeezebox Server 7.9.0 *** Squeezebox family: 3x Radio
(Black/White/Red) / 2x Touch / 2x Controller / Android App / SqueezePlay
*** AKG K240-DF headphone
Synology DS415play - DSM 6.x *** Synology DS209+II - DSM 4.2 *** Denon
PMA1500ae (analog)*** Kef iQ7 S.E *** Denon DVD DBP1610 (blu-ray)
-Looking out for a Squeezebox control UWP app to run on my beloved Xbox
One...-