henfri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first of all let me thank you for this great software. It was easy to
> set up and I am really happy!
>
> I intend to use my two Chromecast-Audio for both playing from my LMS but
> also to cast music from devices directly via the google-cast
> functionality or from Spotify.
>
> And it works. BUT, I also would like to see the status in the LMS when
> casting.
> I there a way to find out whether something is played over the device,
> even if it is not from the Squeezebox?
>
> Regards,
> Hendrik

I don't have a solution for that. Only the helper app knows something
about CC, the Perl plugin part is just here to manage the configuration
file. That's the reason why the helper can run on a different machine
than LMS. So I don't have any way to tell LMS that something is
happening on a CC when LMS thinks that its virtual proxy is idle. It
would require a special socket communication between the helper and the
Perl plugin part - complicated, and I'm not even sure that it could
update the LMS "idle" display. So sorry, but I cannot work on that now.

Maybe somebody else could implement the full Bridge directly in Perl (no
help) but that would require to redo the full Cast protocol in Perl ...

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2