Dean_Bayliss wrote:
> Thanks for looking into it - Keeping up with all the tweaks that are
> being made is a mammoth task!  Please use me to test the fixes, as I can
> see you need the UK CDN streams and it is the least I can do with all
> the effort you put in for all of us.

We'll always play catchup to BBC as it is their platform.  The intent
behind adding extra error log messages in the plugin was to flag changes
as soon as possible anbd make it easier to track them. The current set
of changes is BBC making provision to switch over to https.

The support of "https" was mandated by Apple - one or two years ago
Apple said after Dec 2016 iOS would not play media stream unless they
were https - so there has been a mad rush to changeover streams and
podcasts to https.  Then in late Dec 2016 Apple said - actually iOS will
still play ordinary http stream for some indifinite period (mainly
because they saw lots of sites weren't https ready and Apple users would
complain if they wouldn't play).