Lupker wrote:
> Yes I understand but somehow the sound of the mysqueezebox.com spotify
> sounds better on my touch then listening to the same music on my lms
> with the protocol handler. Anyone???

You're getting exactly the same audio bit stream either way. The only
possible explanation I can think of is some sort of volume adjustment
taking place when via LMS. (and it is well known that even imperceptible
volume differences can make listeners "prefer" the SQ of the slightly
louder stream).  For example, what is entered in your LMS > settings >
Player tab > audio, (see pic):

22229

|Filename: CropperCapture[1].jpg                                    |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22229|

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify