A few questions though...

I can't see a single question mark in your posting ;-)

I was under the impression that a Spotify Connect implementation would
be visible on the official Spotify mobile/desktop app as a selectable
device, and that some Spotify Connect features like "Your Daily
Playlist" would be available.

The (admittedly lengthy) introduction said "In its current form it's a protocol handler only. What does that mean? You're going to continue to use the Spotify app provided by mysb.com, but the plugin will take care of playing back content to your devices." I could have described this more clearly: Connect doesn't work yet. There are bugs in librespot, as well as open questions wrt. the SB integration.

--

Michael