Back at Post 60 or thereabouts people were talking about having
individual Spotify accounts per player and playing multiple streams at
the same time.

Whether or not Spotty replaces SPH I would like to offer a practical
solution to the issue that I know works. Simply install multiple
instances of LMS on your network and point them at the same physical
library but configure each to use a different Spotify account and
different MySB.com accounts where the corresponding Spotify account is
also registered.

In my case the local library is on a NAS, each LMS instance is a
piCoreplayer which is also the player for its designated user (setup to
only connect to 127.0.0.1). Each user has access to the full library via
SMB mounts and their own Spotify. You can also use the "Remote Library"
feature if you don't want to mount the NAS to each Pi but then you don't
get the luxury of Michael's Dont Stop The Music / LastMix.

In addition I run a Vortexbox on a server class old PC as the "main"
server for my stuff. Its a Vortexbox as I like the convenience of the CD
ripper but it reads/writes direct to the same NAS via NFS.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes