Development version 0.3.0.04 now supports AppleTV iOS 10.2 and above.
After you've upgraded the plugin, in the AirPlay Bridge settings, you
should see a "Pair" button in front of each AppleTV (in the list of
players, at the bottom). Not that it can take 30s for that to appear and
the helper must have been running in the previous minute or so (the
helper must set some parameters into the config file for the LMS web UI
settings to detect device as an AppleTV).

I've not tested with anything else except AppleTV 4. I've done minimum
tests on Windows, Linux (x86, x64, arm) and MacOS, all seem to work.

This uses a lot of crypto and it has been a excrucitating pain to
develop. Everything that could have gone wrong ... went wrong. So don't
expect too much support in the coming days if it does not work for you
and please, do not complain about the pairing UI. It's not great, I
know, but I will not change it

AppleTV 4, Airport Express