If I switch to Pi3 w/piCoreplayer, can I still use my two Touches?

What do you mean "point it at the Samba shares on my Vortexbox"?  What
is samba and how do I point it there?

How do I switch off LMS on the VB?

I know these are a lot of questions but again this stuff is over my
head.

thanks in advance.