pinkdot wrote:
> Hard? There is not much to it than I already explained, several times in
> different threads. FYI: a SPK-package is nothing more than a
> tar-archive. Inside the package.tgz file you'll find LMS, the arch
> specific CPAN, bins and libs (see my github). It's that straight
> forward.

First of all, I have no knowledge about Debian, Synology DSM, SPK
packages or Perl. Nor any knowledge on the architecture of LMS, and only
very little Linux knowledge. I must also admit that I haven't found/read
the other threads you refer to.

But I have downloaded and extractet content and "sub-content" (tar and
tgz archives) of LmsUpdate for my NAS
(http://server.pinkdot.nl/sspks/packages/LmsUpdate-x86_64-7.9.1-1503129892.spk)
and done the same thing for various unix/Debian nightly build packages
on http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9 to take a closer
look and compare content. And I see similarities.

Would creating a new updated "LmsUpdate" be as simple as extracting the
content of current LmsUpdate and replace a specific set of folders and
files with similar from one of the "official" (community) nightly build
archives - and pack it together again?

I fully respect a simple short "No" as an answer, if it ain't that
simple :-)

I did get an error creating "symbolic link" when extracting some of the
sub-packages on my Windows PC. So I guess I might need a Linux platform
to do the work on, if it can be done this simple way...

*/Stig*
'www.*rockland*.dk' (http://www.rockland.dk) -
'www.*last.fm*/user/rockland' (https://last.fm/user/rockland) -
'www.*discogs*.com/user/StigNygaard'
(https://discogs.com/user/StigNygaard) -
'*plus.google*.com/+StigNygaard' (https://google.me/+StigNygaard)
*Server:* LMS 7.9.1 ('LmsRepack'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107180)) - 1503129892 @
Sat Aug 19 on Synology DS716+II.  *Clients:* 'RPi3 (Max2Play, 7\" touch,
HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro)'
(https://shop.max2play.com/en/raspberry-pi-2-bundle-7-display.html), SB
Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. *Livingroom HiFi:* Marantz PM6005
and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.
Try my *'Art Grabr' (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/20771)*
for fetching big *cover-art* from various sites - And *'Album Linkr'
(https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21153)* for a better *last.fm*
desktop browser experience...