Would creating a new updated "LmsUpdate" be as simple as extracting the
content of current LmsUpdate and replace a specific set of folders and
files with similar from one of the "official" (community) nightly build
archives - and pack it together again?

I do indeed believe that this would be about it. But looking at the download page I was wondering whether we really need dozens of different packages, or whether one could do. Because it seems like a bit of a busy task doing them all.

Add to this the fact that our build system has been in trouble for several days now. I will look into it asap. But it's definitely aging... I'll be spending time trying to keep the status quo alive, rather than adding new stuff :-(.

--

Michael