MoNercy wrote:
> Thanks mherger for your great work on spotty.
>
> The plugin works fine on my RasPi3 and the newest nightly LMS 7.91x.
>
> On my main server, I am running a FreeNAS 9.2 and LMS 7.8 Stable in a
> pluginjail and Spotty is not working.
>
> Error shown in the plugin settings page:
>
> Beim Ausführen der Spotty Helfer-Anwendung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.
> Vermutlich wird diese auf ihrem System nicht unterstützt. Bitte wenden
> Sie sich an mich, unter Angabe der folgenden Plattform-Informationen:
>
> Betriebssystem: freebsd / i386-freebsd
>
> Ordner für Hilfsprogramme:
> Information steht nicht zur Verfügung. Bitte Logitech Media Server auf
> 7.7.6 oder neuer aktualisieren.
>
> Is there any chance to get it working?
>
> Best regards
> Mo

FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD. The 'normal' Spotty helper application
won't run on that. You need the 'Spotty helper plug-in for FreeBSD 11'
to get this working. But having said that, you seem to be using a really
old (3,5 year) FreeNAS version based on FreeBSD 9.2, not sure the helper
plug-in will run on that. Probably not. You could update to FreeNAS 11
and if you do, I would also advise to then build the latest LMS from
ports (7.9.1.g2017.07.11) as 7.8 is also old.

I'm running FreeNAS 11.0-U3, with LMS 7.9.1 in a jail, and Spotty works
perfectly fine with that setup.