slartibartfast wrote:
> So this would not cause my start delay then? I am clutching at straws.
>
> Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I know, I'm sorry I can't figure out what's going on. You could check
the memory used just at startup to see if uses so much memory, but it's
just impossible that Musicip could run well in that condition, because
it's a light program, very well written in my opinion, designed to run
on small PCs, qemu as well, so both they can't use so much memory. It
has to come from somewhere else, but where ?
Where are located your tracks, on a usb drive ? Maybe you could also
check that all files are readable. What kind of music file formats do
you have (mp3, other) ?
I don't think the problem comes from Max2play, but maybe there is
something we don't see. If you don't need it, maybe it could be worth
trying to reinstall the all thing from scratch without it.
You could also remove part of your files, keep something like 5000
tracks and see if that makes a difference. Either, I don't believe it,
but it might show a problem with the file access. For example, if you
have a problem with your drive. Copy something like 500 tracks to your
SD card and see if it's fast.

LMS 7.9.0
on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch
Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...