Antoniop wrote:
> I know, I'm sorry I can't figure out what's going on. You could check
> the memory used just at startup to see if uses so much memory, but it's
> just impossible that Musicip could run well in that condition, because
> it's a light program, very well written in my opinion, designed to run
> on small PCs, qemu as well, so both they can't use so much memory. It
> has to come from somewhere else, but where ?
> Where are located your tracks, on a usb drive ? Maybe you could also
> check that all files are readable. What kind of music file formats do
> you have (mp3, other) ?
> I don't think the problem comes from Max2play, but maybe there is
> something we don't see. If you don't need it, maybe it could be worth
> trying to reinstall the all thing from scratch without it.
> You could also remove part of your files, keep something like 5000
> tracks and see if that makes a difference. Either, I don't believe it,
> but it might show a problem with the file access. For example, if you
> have a problem with your drive. Copy something like 500 tracks to your
> SD card and see if it's fast.
>
> EDIT: don't forget to reboot the RPI before your tests, in order to
> release the memoryMy tracks are on a USB drive plugged directly into the Pi.
> I analyse
tracks on a backup USB drive connected to a windows  laptop, then copy
them across the network to the Pi's drive. The start up time of the
mmserver is exactly the same whether default.m3lib is present or not.
Is there any way of viewing what the Pi is doing during the start up
time in the terminal window. At the moment I see nothing until "starting
server on port 10002"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk