I managed to cross compile Spotty for ARM5TE (compatible with Marvell
6281 like used in Synology DS212j).

Ahm... that's part of the latest Spotty plugin already. But I'm still interested in how you managed to do it, as it took me a long time (and much help from others) to get it done... If you have found a simpler procedure than the one I used, I'd be happy to learn about it.

Could you give me some hints how to proceed? e.g. when I call spotty
with only the -n <device name>, it gives an error:

What do you want to do? If it's using Spotify with your SB, then all the magic is done in the plugin already. Nothing left to do.

--

Michael