- the firmware of my Duet controller still works on version 7.7.6. In
earlier occasions a saw the controller automatically updating to the
same firmware version as the server. Should I worry about this? And if
yes, how to proceed?

I can only comment on this question: yes, we did try to keep things in sync in the past. But since official development has stopped, there's no new firmware for the devices. I try to make sure I don't break compatibility in LMS. There's a 7.8.x firmware for Touch. But all the others are stuck in 7.7.x. But that's fine.

--

Michael