As I understand it the "Sound Quality" as determined by Spotify is one
stream of 160 thingies per sec and another of 320 thingies per sec.

So changing the Sound Quality setting should result in the use of a
lower bandwidth.

What I did not remember (until the post by Stig) is that the Spotty
plugin is "fixed" at 320 thingies, regardless.

It is possible apparently, to utilise librespot at the lower bandwidth
but the developer deprecates the idea.

IMO encouraging users to be "Premium" means Spotify is more likely to
use the "Nelson touch" with regard to librespot.

Ronnie