Thanks, Michael, for all your work and your willingness to keep us all
informed.

You do say, "spotty is currently always using the highest quality
stream."  If possible, could I (and perhaps the OP) request that this be
made an option?  With limited DSL internet speed here, at times using
Spotty it rebuffers every minute or so, while TuneIn and other services
using lower-quality streams don't.  This is the same whether using my
ethernet-connected picore server or wifi-connected laptop for LMS, so I
know it's neither the wifi nor the hardware used for LMS.  I'd love to
have faster internet, but it's not an option where we live.