Well I'm lost.

Used the official Spotify plug-in for years on my VB2.2 (LMS 7.8)
system. When they pulled the plug on this earlier in the year I went to
Spotty as I've read only good things about it and given we listen to
Spotify really a lot I needed a migration path.

I kept having these buffering problems. First track plays without a
problem then from the second track onwards it plays for say 5-7 sec and
then buffers for 3-4 before doing it all over again.

Was told Spotty needed VB2.3+ so I decided to upgrade to VB2.4 (Dell
OptiPlex 790 with i5 processor, 4GB RAM). Going to the latest Spotty
plug-in 1.9.4 with a brand new VB the exact same thing happens again;
i.e. above buffering. I can stream from the VB box perfect Internet
radio at any quality but just can't get Spotty to do the same. Could
Spotty require much more bandwidth than the previous plug-ins? I'm on an
ADSL connection giving me about 5MB/s but as said Internet radio, even
KODI works ok.

Any ideas? Thanks