bpa wrote:
> Why put USB HDD on router (usually big security risks as often router
> vendro s/w is not great)
Well, all my routers are FritzBox devices from AVM, a German company
known for the extraordinary work they do with firmware updates, so I
don‘t have security concerns in this area (beside the normal ones, cf.
WPA crack...).

> - unless music size is TB's why not put a copy directly on Raspi - disk
> / flash drive aren't expensive.
I‘ve thought about this, and as I happen to have a unused 128 GB card on
my desk... but even so the wavein Raspi would depend on Wifi. Of course
I could have the LMS on another Raspi attached via ethernet and define
the media as network share on the wavein Raspi. But then I have to admit
that I have no idea about the data flow between LMS, the physical
storage place of the media and the players. Where is it important to
have ethernet connection?
Best regards
Martin

PS. I‘ve spent a couple of hours today trying to get the flac streaming
to work, with Alsa and Stretch. Well, I got SOME sound SOMEtimes...
still a long way. And yes: Pulseaudio might cause deep depressions, I
remember having spent hours and hours some time ago to get Bluetooth
working (had to surrender in the end, as so many others)

PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin