pippin wrote:
> Do you have the full JSON request that is being sent?
> Could that be contained in URL-Form in the pasteboard of that iPad?
> Whenever iPeng finds a URL in the pasteboard on startup it checks,
> whether it’s actually a music URL that you want to play and to fully
> resolve a URL this might include a HEAD request to the URL.
> No body would be sent, though, so there can’t be any content which
> makes full JSON impossible.

That was it!  I did not know about this functionality of ipeng.  Nor did
I realise pasteboard contents survive a restart on ios...

I had this in my paste buffer:

https://xxxx:y...@serverip.com:port/json.htm?type=command&parm=switch&idx=01&switchcmd=On

Probably while making IFTTT webhook recipes - though that was months ago
- I dont really use this iPad for anything other than as a remote for
squeeze and homekit.

I can replicate this on the new iPad now as well, though as its more of
a general use tablet, there is no guarantee I wouldn't have something
else in my paste buffer.

While I can certainly live with this as is, perhaps an enhancement
request would be to have a specific setting that launches a specific
given URL on launch?

More involved would be homekit integration and allow a homekit device to
be switched on on app launch.  For this last one, I'd have to check the
existing automation routine capabilities, it might already be possible
on the homekit side to do this via a scene.  I had previously been stuck
on homekit on ios9, im more of an android guy, so I am not sure what is
possible under iOS.  This can easily be done via a Tasker task. There
are also some plugins in LMS that could automate this.

Thanks again, you found the proverbial needle in the haystack!