philippe_44 wrote:
> I don't think there is dependency. Each player's config is first loaded
> with built-in parameters, then the same config is overriden with
> *defined* common paramaters, then they are overriden one last time by
> *defined* player's dedicated parameters. This way, any non-blank (=
> *defined*) parameters erases its predecessor, so to speak. So if you set
> codecs to "pcm, flc, mp3" in common, you have to set it to either blank
> (empty) in player's section or to something else if you want an
> override. But they do not need to be the same.
>
> For codecs order, pcm, flc, mp3: I've seen that LMS tries to always
> satisfy the codec order (with squeezelite). So in that case, if there is
> way to transcode into pcm from any other format, it will be done
> although native format is supported, but later in the codecs list. Stil
> I have to say that it's not always that clear, there seem to be some
> "heuristic" where flac is preferred to pcm, I never figured out what's
> the real logic. Then when pcm is used, it must be decided between raw
> (just LPCM sample, no header) and PCM in a WAV. Some players (Sonos)
> refuse raw, some refuse wav.
>
> But again, normally codecs are analyzed at runtime and only supported
> codecs are used, other are discarded. So in your case, if raw audio
> format is not supported, you can leave it as long as you add "raw,
> wave". During the matching process, the bridge will get the best match
>
> Thanks

You're right, I tried but couldn't reproduced that behaviour. Must have
confused the player in some other way, sorry.

Here's my configuration containing the one for the DENON AVR-X4000
receiver - please add it to the profiles. I'm sure this will satisfy
most Denon X family receivers and should help people a lot.. I wish it
had been there before.. :rolleyes: :p

24024

Gerhard

|Filename: Device-Denon_4-Philippe.PNG                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24024|

*Server:* LMS 7.9.1-166 Synology @ Sept 04 2017 on DS216Play. SOX mansr
ARMv7 & C-3PO. *Players:* SB Radio, Freecom MusicPal. Multiroom HiFi:
Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30, Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2