philippe_44 wrote:
> There is already a ´known profiles' file that can be used for that
> purpose and can also be updated on line but I don't receive very often
> feedback from users, so it does not change much. Maybe the UI does not
> show well enough how to use it as well.

idea: promote submitting profiles more prominent, and explain how to do
that in more detail. Even to find this forum thread, coming from the
plugin's configuration page or the User Guide is a challenge. In the
User Guide you are asking people to submit their configuration referring
to the -slimdevice forum- but there's no link to here...

> I can also set a less aggressive default profile to maximize
> compatibility, at the expense of things like gapless and codecs, that I
> could limit to flac and mp3 (less confusion with raw pcm which does not
> bring anything anyway and 99% of players support flac nowadays)

Cannot say much about that, but defaulting to "wav,pcm" sounds good in
that case. Gapless also seems pretty much standard to me, today.

*Server:* LMS 7.9.1-166 Synology @ Sept 04 2017 on DS216Play. SOX mansr
ARMv7 & C-3PO. *Players:* SB Radio, Freecom MusicPal. Multiroom HiFi:
Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30, Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2