Ran some more tests tonight:
1.  Problem still occurs when using "proxied" streaming (and no
AAC-->MP3 transcoding)
2.  Also still occurs when increasing the buffer in LMS from 3 sec to 10
sec
3.  Problem occurs on *all* of my Radios...does NOT occur on any of my
Touches
4.  Stream plays fine on VLC on a computer on same network
4.  These steams all worked fine on Radio a few days ago.  Other
streams, like http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/m/rsc_de/mp3_128 which is 128kbps
MP3 works fine on same Radio.  Transcoding the AAC stream to full
bandwidth PCM works fine--no stutter.  That said, the stuttering doesn't
feel like normal buffer underruns which typically result in silence when
it occurs.  Rather, it sounds like it's decoding "incorrectly" or at an
unsupported sample rate...more like a rapidly skipping record.  The
stream displays as 49kbps CBR in More Info on the Radio display which
seems abnormal to me.

Raymond - Can a Duet decode AAC natively?  Thought that hardware would
have to transcode in LMS which also works fine on my Radio---it's the
native decoding that has suddenly become fussy.

Will keep poking around in the logs to see if anything looks suspicious
there.  Thanks!