Please tell me more about the "slimbrowse" modes. I wasn't aware of it.

It's basically the protocol SB Touch/Radio/Controller/etc. talk: the device wouldn't request "give me Spotify choices", but tell it "give me the menu". This would return the menu item's title, the command to be executed if chosen, metadata etc.

I'll see whether I can extract some useful portions from the Controller App's code (which was written in JS/Sencha Touch). I'll try to have you something asap.

If it would make things easier for both users and me while also provide
more functionality for free with less work, I would happily try to
implement it, I guess!

It doesn't come for free :-). But while it might be a higher initial effort, you'll get new features for free. Eg. you won't have to bother about Bandcamp, Youtube, Qobuz, you name it. As long as those devs have done their homework, it should just work for you, too.

I have mostly used the cli-api.html document for reference when
implementing stuff and "slimbrowse" doesn't seem to be mentioned there.

Heh... I don't even remember the actual command used. Might be "menu". See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Home_Menu_Items_Versus_SlimbrowseItems

--

Michael