1.966Antonys-Mac-mini:~ MINI$

The perl bit of code returns this:

This is perl 5, version 18, subversion 2 (v5.18.2) built for
darwin-thread-multi-2level
[plus some legal]

I'm running macOS 10.13.3, in other words the latest, on my Mac mini.

Ok, that's looking good. So you do have SSL support installed.

Do you still advise me to go to LMS 7.9.1? I've stuck with 7.9.0 because
I'm generally wary of betas, but I'll be guided by you.

The "beta" flag is only there because I'm too lazy to call it a release, build release packages, bump the version numbers all over the place. And because the build system still is down... but I do indeed plan to release 7.9.1 as soon as I got the hardware (which is ordered, but...).

So: yes, please give 7.9.1 a try. As of today it is at least as stable as 7.9.0 ever was.

--

Michael