mr-b wrote:
> Tx for the useful info.
>
> Can you clarify what app startup means?
> For instance if the Tray Icon/App "Allow [to] run in background" is
> enabled and the app is just left running, then if the server/player
> settings are not changed then will the app ever send WOL packets?
>
> On another point, what is the diff between the "Disable Local Player"
> and "Player" on/off settings?

If the app is running in the background, it check about every 8 seconds
to confirm it is still able to see the server.  If the server connection
has dropped, then SLX will try t-reconnect to it.  Part of that
re-connect process includes a step to try WOL if the option is set.

If Disable Local Player is checked, then SLX will not even load the
squeezelite-win.exe.  This means there is no local player running.  The
On/Off switch simulates the On/Off switch of a player that is running.
So you can have a player running that is powered off.  An it will still
show up in the interface and other interfaces and can be powered back
on.  I admit there is not much practical utility on having the On/Off
switch.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X