smc2911;167150 Wrote:
> For what it's worth, I set both the music folder and use MIP because I
> have found that MIP will not pick up filenames with accented
> characters, but SS will...

I've abandoned setting the music folder as well as 'Use MM' - when I do
set both, SS seems to recognise only the first track in each album as
mixable, even tho' MIPGUI says they all are.  Strange, no?

snarlydwarf;167191 Wrote:
> I use http://server:10002/ and change the entry for "root folder of
> music"
>
> As long as that matches -exactly- what Slimserver you shouldnt see
> duplicates.

Your post and Michael's suggest that the web interface for the headless
server is richer than the very simple one I see when I point the browser
at the API that runs while using the MIP GUI.  Is that right?

I'm asking because, contrary to my earlier posts, setting the -slim and
-slimappend parameters in the CLI call invoked by the windows shortcut
to start MIP does not in fact resolve the 'order of start up' issue:
if SS is already running, it does not connect with MIP;  I have to stop
it and restart it.  So Siduhe's idea of running MMserver as a service
and making the SSservice dependent on it for start up is looking more
attractive - especially if the server has a usable web interface as you
and Michael seem to be suggesting.

--
Diana

--