Lateboomer wrote:
> If I changed the command /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver to run under root
> user, I could access the CDplayer. So how do I allow the command to run
> under squeezeboxserver user and able to access CDplayer?

This sounds like permission issue. Permission is usually in the form of
squeezboxserver user being a member of a number of groups.  Some groups
are generic such as "audio", others are specific to the device such as
"cdrom".  The available group depends on the distro you are using. What
groups are set up on your system ?

Permissions can also be related to the permission assigned to the device
(i.e. what does "ls -l /dev/cdrom" show ?)