noexit wrote:
> Very interesting information from both Michael and David.  So, I
> experimented a bit, bypassed firewalls, etc. and remembered I have an
> "old" installation of LMS I have on another Win 7 system that I use as a
> "dormant backup".  I turn it on, update the Spotty Plugin and it
> connects successfully.  So, it seems to be somehow related to my
> "production" system and/or it's LMS installation.   I'll keep you posted
> with more updates as I figure them out.
>
> Michael
> Johnson City, TN USA

Well, If I really knew what I was doing I would just go somewhere and
hide...  Anyway, I have yet to get Spotty to "successfully" authenticate
from my Production LMS machine.  My backup machine seemed to
authenticate fine.  Both are Win 7 machines and on the same network.  I
tried copying the authentication folder that was created in my backup
system to my production system and then Spotty proceeded to the
configuration page where I could select which Squeeze instances I could
connect to.  Making the selections basically hung up LMS  rendering it
unusable until I terminated the service.   Not sure really what to do
next.  I do appreciate all the guidance I've been given so far.