Philippe,

A few months ago I tested squeeze2upnp on my new DLNA capable 'Hegel
H190' (https://www.hegel.com/products/integrated/h190) integrated
amp/dac/streamer.

It worked quite well. I loved the idea of a headless Squeezebox and I
could have sworn it sounded better than my Squeezebox Touch connected
via S/PDIF to the H190's internal DAC.

The problem was, at the time I couldn't get the plugin to pass any of my
hi res FLAC files. Just silence. If I recall, and I could be wrong, I
think you said that the plugin will have difficulty with higher bit
rates. That became a show stopper so I didn't pursue squeeze2upnp.

What I have discovered since this is the H190's DAC has an upper limit
of 96/24. In testing the plugin before, I doubt I ever \explicitly set
that bit rate/bit depth.

Based on your knowledge and experience, should your plugin support
connectivity to a 96 Kbps/24 bit DAC? It is correct that LMS (via your
plugin) does the down-sampling if I play a file of, say, 192/24?

Thanks.

Tim

Living Room: SB Touch, Hegel H190 w/built-in DAC, Totem Acoustics Sky
Bookshelf Speakers
Bedroom: Boom
iPeng / Controller for all