mherger wrote:

> I think requiring Apache and Node will be a killer for most users.

If you're not using a Raspberry Pi, yes, that is probably a killer. But
on a Raspberry Pi it's easily availabe and installed. It's written with
the Raspberry Pi in mind.

mherger wrote:
> And tbh: I don't see why that would be needed. I didn't quite understand
> why
> do you believe the web page cannot talk to LMS directly.

I could not figure out how to connect to a TCP socket directly from
Angular.
The website is written in Angular, which runs entirely inside the
browser. It's probably a security thing that only HTTP (REST) access to
other URL's is allowed.

alfista wrote:
> There's also the 'responsive skin'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107988-Mobile-responsive-skin&highlight=responsive)
> that seems to be along the same line of thinking with regards to mobile
> platforms.
Ah, that looks like a nice skin! I didn't know that one. I will give it
a try.
I will probaly still prefer using my own site, just because I made it
and I tailored to my specific needs.
Maybe I will add a link to the responsive skin on my site, then people
will know there is an alternative.
.