moletteuk wrote:
> I nearly had a nervous breakdown setting up the server.  I break out in
> a cold sweat when I think I might need to do something with it.  If
> somebody could tell me that running raspberry pi for the LMS was
> efficient and easy to do and had full instructions to set it up, then I
> would happily consider giving it a go.  It might be a good solution to
> have the LMS separate to the server.  My problem is that there are so
> many options, I have no idea what is right for me.  My server is an old
> HP N36l and the nas4free needs updating on it.  I can't get podcasts
> working on my LMS 7.3.3 and I gather that would be solved with an
> updated LMS, is that right?

ive found the best solution is..

download distro from armbian.com

run armbian-config over ssh and its got a link to install lms
automatically for you

i personally run it on a bannanpi (early first version) with an attached
sata drive to hold my music

very stable and easy setup, every now and again, shut it down and create
a backup image of the sdcard using w32 disk imager
:)